Monday, August 28, 2006

The West Coast Trail, My view


If you have been following this blog for a while you may be aware that there have been lots of pictures of the West Coast trail on my blog over the last year or so. The trail is a unique and challenging adventure through some incredible scenery.

I won't go over the specifics of the hike or our experiences on it, those can be found here. (2005) and here (2006)

I would like to talk about my motivation for doing trails such as this. Putting the love I have for wild nature into words is incredibly difficult. Exploring the wilderness and experiencingthe varied spendour of nature fuels my creativity and spirit. My photographs and paintings attempt to capture at least a small measure of the uniqueness of the world.

Back to the WCT. For two years in a row I have strapped on my backpack and attempted this formidable trek. Why? Because Lorien asked me!!! (and because I love it) The sea and coastline have so many different moods that doing a trail at exactly the same time still yields a radically different experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice vest